Awareness Campaigns - Project Red Ribbon
It's that time of year again! Time to tie on a red ribbon in support of sober driving during the holiday season.
MADD Canada's Project Red Ribbon campaign runs from November 1, 2014 to January 5, 2015. During that time, MADD Canada Chapters and Community Leaders will distribute millions of red ribbons for Canadians to tie on their vehicles, key chains, purses, briefcases and backpacks.
Our red ribbon is a small but powerful symbol of the wearers' commitment to sober driving, and reminds us all that the deaths and injuries resulting from impairment-related crashes are needless and preventable.
Now in its 27th year, Project Red Ribbon targets the Christmas and New Year holiday season because it is the busiest time of year on most social calendars. With lots of holiday parties and events on the go, the risk for impaired driving is especially high at this time of year.
- Never drive impaired or ride with an impaired driver.
- Plan ahead if you're going to be drinking. Take a cab or bus, arrange a designated driver or plan to stay over.
- If you see a driver you suspect is impaired, call 911 to report it to police. For information on the signs of an impaired driver and what to do, visit our Campaign 911 page. We all play a role in keeping our roads safe from impaired driving.
- Learn more about the history of Project Red Ribbon
- Photo Gallery (Facebook)
Here's how you can get involved with Project Red Ribbon!
- Wear your red ribbon as a sign of your commitment to always drive sober. Encourage your family and friends to do the same.
You can get your red ribbon by donating online here on our web site, visiting one of our many sponsors' outlets, or contacting your nearest MADD Canada Chapter or Community Leader.
- Share a picture of your red ribbon on Facebook or Twitter! Don't forget to tag it with #maddredribbon.
Show us how you wear your red ribbon! Just take a picture of your red ribbon any way you like and then share on Twitter, or send to us to post to our Facebook Project Red Ribbon album.
- Donate to Project Red Ribbon
Your donation helps us spread the Project Red Ribbon message across Canada, which furthers our mission to stop impaired driving and support victims of impaired driving. You can make a donation online, by phone or by mail. Or you can text "MADD" to 45678 to donate $5. (Your one-time donation is added to your cell phone and payable to your service provider.)
Get our Project Red Ribbon Materials
Project Red Ribbon in the news
- There's nothing festive about drinking and driving - DurhamRegion.com - November 20, 2014
- MADD, YRP launch holiday campaigns against impaired driving - Markham Economist & Sun - November 19, 2014
- Red ribbons remind drivers to stay sober - Cochrane Times - November 19, 2014
- York Police To Launch R.I.D.E. Campaign Today - Talk Radio AM640 - November 18, 2014
- Voluntary toll program raises over $12k for MADD programs - Lambton Shield - November 17, 2014
- White cross erected for Eskasoni woman killed by impaired driver - Cape Breton Post - November 17, 2014
- Kirton new MADD Community Leader for District - Peterborough Examiner - November 16, 2014
- Madd Canada's Project Red Ribbon Campaign in Brandon - CKLQ - November 15, 2014
- Raising funds for MADD - Sarnia Observer - November 15, 2014
- Red Ribbon campaign travels the Valley - Nova News Now - November 15, 2014
- Red Ribbon campaign kicks off in Cumberland County - Cumberland News - November 14, 2014
- Red Ribbon reception - The Pilot - November 10, 2014
- Progress in fight against drunk driving stalls in Central Okanagan - Penticton InfoNews.ca - November 9, 2014
- Not MADD about red ribbons - Castanet.net - Nov 9, 2014
- MADD launches Project Red Ribbon campaign - Kelowna Capital News - November 8, 2014
- Victim of drunk driver now an advocate for MADD - Daily Courier - November 8, 2014
- Red Ribbon campaign kicks off on Burin Peninsula - Southern Gazette - November 8, 2014
- Red ribbons send sobering message - Global News - November 8, 2014
- Annual Project Red Ribbon begins in Central Okanagan - 1150 News - November 8, 2014
- Preventing holiday tragedies one red ribbon at a time - London Community News - November 8, 2014
- Tragic Stories from Impaired Driving Prompt Red Ribbon Pride - Kelowna Now - November 8, 2914
- Ten years gone - Cumberland News Now - November 7, 2014
- MADD Launches Red Ribbon Campaign - Blackburn News - November 7, 2014
- MADD Kimberley launches Project Red Ribbon - Kimberly Daily Bulletin - Nov 7, 2014
- Candlelight vigil for impaired driving victims will be held - Richmond Hill Liberal - November 6, 2014
- Did your friends get stopped by this special ride on Tecumseh Road - Windsorite.ca - November 6, 2014
- MADD's cause must continue - Cumberland News Now - November 5, 2014
- Reborn MADD chapter prepares Red Ribbon campaign - Moose Jaw Times Herald - November 4, 2014
- MADD Toronto Red Ribbon campaign kicks off - Global Toronto - November 4, 2014
- MADD launches Red Ribbon campaign - BC Local News - November 4, 2014
- MADD reminds us all—there's NO time to drink and drive - Lambton Shield - November 4, 2014
- MADD launches 27th Project Red Ribbon - 580 CFRA News - November 4, 2014
- MADD launches annual red ribbon campaign - 1310 News - November 4, 2014
- Fight against drunk driving continues - Toronto Sun - November 4, 2014
- MADD Canada Launches National Project Red Ribbon Campaign - CHSJ 94.1 FM - November 3, 2014
- Red ribbons remind everyone to drive sober - Telegraph-Journal - November 3, 2014
- MADD Canada, police partners and sponsors launch Project Red Ribbon to inspire sober driving this holiday season - National Media Release - November 3, 2014
- Red Ribbon campaign launch - Timmins Daily Press - November 3, 2014
- MADD Erects White Crosses - Blackburn News - November 2, 2014
- MADD's Project Red Ribbon launched - The Gazette - October 30, 2014
- MADD campaign begins next week - Cranbrook Daily Townsman - October 28, 2014