Awareness Campaigns - Project Red Ribbon
From November 1, 2013 to January 6, 2014, MADD Canada Chapters, Community Leaders, volunteers and supporters will be out in force, distributing millions of red ribbons for Canadians to tie on their vehicles, key chains, purses, briefcases and backpacks.
Project Red Ribbon targets the Christmas and New Year holiday season because it is the busiest time of year on most social calendars. With lots of holiday parties and events on the go, the risk for impaired driving is especially high at this time of year. Our red ribbon is a reminder of the importance of always driving sober.
This is MADD Canada's 26th annual Project Red Ribbon campaign. While impaired driving rates have decreased over that time, progress in further reducing impaired driving has stalled over the past few years. MADD Canada's red ribbon continues to fly as a symbol of our ongoing effort to stop impaired driving, and as a tribute to all victims who have been killed or injured in impaired driving crashes.
Learn more about the history of Project Red Ribbon.
- Project Red Ribbon press releases
- Read about Project Red Ribbon in the news
- Get our Project Red Ribbon poster and bookmark
- Photo Gallery (Flickr)
Our red ribbon is a small but powerful symbol of the wearers' commitment to sober driving, and reminds us all that the deaths and injuries resulting from impairment-related crashes are needless and preventable.
Never drive impaired or ride with an impaired driver.
Plan ahead if you're going to be drinking. Take a cab or bus, arrange a designated driver or plan to stay over.
You can also support Project Red Ribbon with a text donation. Text "MADD" to 45678 to donate $5. Your one-time donation is added to your cell phone and payable to your service provider.
MADD Canada longs for the day when impaired driving is eliminated. Until then, we want to see our red ribbon everywhere as our commitment to making roads and communities safe from impaired driving, this holiday season and all year round.
Please take a moment to check out the very generous companies who are sponsoring MADD Canada's Project Red Ribbon campaign this year.
- Irving Oil and MADD Canada Team Up to Make Roads Safer This Holiday Season - December 9, 2013
- Stand Up for Sober Driving This Holiday Season – Wear MADD Canada's Red Ribbon - November 5, 2013
- MADD Officially Launches 26th annual Red Ribbon Campaign - MADD Ottawa - November 5, 2013
- "Choose your ride" - MADD Winnipeg - November 1, 2013
- SWEET REMINDER to drive safely - Pipestone Flyer - December 19, 2013
- Seasonal safety - Red Deer Express - December 18, 2013
- MADD raising awareness of dangers of driving impaired - Camrose Booster - December 17, 2013
- MADD launches red ribbon campaign in Atlantic Canada - Metro Halifax - December 10, 2013
- MADD Canada and Irving Oil launch Project Red Ribbon in Halifax - News 95.7 - December 9, 2013
- Drinking and Driving: campaign launched in North York focuses on financial costs - Inside Toronto - December 8, 2013
- MADD launches red ribbon campaign on Burin Peninsula - NTV - December 8, 2013
- Christmas checkstop campaign in full swing throughout Capital Region - Global News - December 6, 2013
- MADD Chatham-Kent chapter launches Red Ribbon Campaign - Chatham Daily News - December 6, 2013
- Spreading the word - PostCity .com - November 29,2013
- Still needed - tbnewswatch.com - November 29, 2013
- Holiday RIDE program launched today - Stouffville Sun-Tribune - November 27, 2013
- RIDE spot checks begin in Toronto - City News - November 23, 2013
- MADD launches red ribbon campaign in Surrey - Surrey Now - November 19, 2013
- MADD launches seasonal campaign in Surrey - Surrey North Delta Leader - November 18, 2013
- MADD launches red ribbon campaign ahead of holiday season - Global News - November 18, 2013
- Durham Regional Police's 2013-2014 Festive R.I.D.E. Campaign launch - Toronto News 24.com - November 18, 2013
- MADD Annapolis Valley launches 19th annual Red Ribbon Campaign - Nova News Now - November 16, 2013
- Don't drink and drive, it's that easy - Castanet.net - Nov 16, 2013
- Cobequid MADD's Red Ribbon Campaign celebrating 10 years locally - Truro Daily News - November 12, 2013
- Support a worthy seasonal campaign: MADD aims to save lives - Grand Prairie Daily Herald Tribute - November 12, 2013
- Annapolis Valley MADD chapter launching Red Ribbon campaign - Nova News Now - November 12, 2013
- MADD launches Red Ribbon Campaign - Global News - November 7, 2013
- Rising fatalities involving drunk driving has MADD seeing red - Calgary Herald - November 7, 2013
- MADD’s Project Red Ribbon hopes to get impaired drivers off the streets - Beacon News - November 7, 2013
- MADD launches Red Ribbon campaign - CTV Calgary - November 7, 2013
- MADD Canada gears up to launch Red Ribbon campaign - 660 News - November 7, 2013
- MADD's Project Red Ribbon - CTV Ottawa - November 6, 2013
- Seeing red over drinking, driving - Lethbridge Herald - November 6, 2013
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving launches Red Ribbon campaign - City Centre Mirror — November 5, 2013
- MADD Canada kicks off annual red ribbon campaign - City TV News - November 5, 2013
- Tying one on against impaired driving - London Community News - November 4, 2013
- MADD Campaign Underway - Blackburn News - November 4, 2013
- Tie one on for MADD ribbon campaign - The Daily Press - November 3, 2013
- MADD delivers its message with help of red ribbons - Lethbridge Herald - November 3, 2013
- Project Red Ribbon launched in Point Edward - Sarnia Observer - November 2, 2013
- Project Red Ribbon - October 29, 2013 - 93.1 Moose FM
- MADD kicks off Project Red Ribbon - Timmins Daily Press - October 28, 2013
- MADD launches Red Ribbon campaign as part of its fight against impaired driving - Global News - October 25, 2013
- Military Police Help MADD Launch Project Red Ribbon - Courier News and Publishing - October 22, 2013
- MADD launches Red Ribbon campaign - Cold Lake Sun - October 22, 2013
- Click here to download the Project Red Ribbon poster
- Click here to download the Project Red Ribbon bookmark