Youth Services - Awareness Campaigns
Did you know?
FACT: 1 in every 8 deaths and injuries in road crashes is a teenager.
FACT: Road crashes are the #1 cause of death of youth ages 15 to 19.
FACT: 2 out of every 5 teens killed on the road have been drinking.
MADD Canada is committed to being an agent of change in Canada. We want to reduce impaired driving, save lives, prevent injuries, and ensure our roads are safer.
Here are some of the awareness campaigns we have launched to bring our message to Canadian youth.
- 'If you’re high, you can’t drive' – Learn about the risks and what can be done to combat drug impaired driving. Note: This campaign is archived on a previous version of the MADD Canada web site.
- ‘One more for the road’ – A poster campaign for colleges and universities
- Safe Prom – A list of tips for parents and teachers on providing a safe prom.
- The Contract for Life is a reality check between friends and family members. Help your friends and family stay alive by encouraging them to sign the Contract for Life and don't let them drink and drive!
- Radio ads, TV ads, videos and posters – Scroll through our library of media campaigns.
- Youth Statistics and Links – An excellent source of background information, youth-related statistics and links about impaired driving.
Find out more...
Did You Know?
Youth 14 years and under can express their concerns about the dangers of impaired driving in a creative way through MADD Canada’s poster and essay contests.