Volunteering - Volunteer Awards
MADD Canada recognizes the outstanding contributions of its volunteers with National and Regional Awards presented at the Annual National Leadership Conference each September.
- The Victim Services Award goes to individuals within MADD Canada who exemplify compassion, dedication, diligence, caring, empathy and respect for those who have suffered a loss due to an impaired driving crash.
- The John G. Bates Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes outstanding volunteer contributions.
- The Terry Ryan Memorial Award for Excellence in Police Services recognizes the significant contribution of police services in helping to reduce impaired driving.
- The Citizen of Distinction Award for long-term service is presented to individuals, groups or organizations that have made a major contribution to the anti-impaired driving movement in Canada.
- The Court Monitor of the Year Award goes to a volunteer who exemplifies commitment, dedication and diligence in monitoring impaired driving charges. This individual attends court for the purpose of monitoring impaired driving charges and to enhance our presence within the court system.
- The Fundraiser of the Year Award recognizes individuals or Chapters within MADD Canada who demonstrate outstanding fundraising leadership.
Find out more...
Local Chapters and Community Leaders initiate and participate in community activities that will support victims and will raise the awareness of the public to the dangers of drinking and driving.